Many couples vacation in Maui for a romantic getaway—to celebrate a marriage or anniversary. Others come to relax and enjoy the beauty only found in Hawaii. No matter what brings you to Maui, we at Allsave Car Rental Maui want to make sure you don’t miss a sunrise at Mt. Haleakala.
Enjoying a Hawaii sunrise 10,000 feet above sea level does take some pre-planning. You will need to wake up early and drive to the Mt. Haleakala Visitor Center, arriving at least 30 minutes before sunrise. Be sure to research how long it will take you to drive from where you’re staying to the Visitor Center so you can be sure to get out the door and into your car rental in plenty of time.
A few things you may want to bring along include:
- A coat or cold-weather gear: That altitude comes with lower temperatures!
- Food or coffee: Enjoy your breakfast with the Haleakala sunrise as your backdrop. Plus, getting up that early may require some caffeine.
- Full tank of gas: Be sure to fill up your rental car before ascending the mountain.
- Blanket: Whether you want to cuddle up or enjoy a picnic-style breakfast, a blanket may be a good item to bring along.
- Camera: You will want to capture that Mt. Haleakala sunrise!
Even though you may have to get up early and do a little planning, the Mt. Haleakala sunrise is a Hawaii experience you will never forget.
If you need a rental car to make the drive, contact Allsave Car Rental Maui, or check out our inventory of car rentals, van rentals, Jeep rentals, and more! You can make a reservation online, or give us a call at (808) 875-9200.